Texas veterans who may be eligible for benefits under the Hazlewood Act, should contact the Financial Aid Office, located in the Miller Administration Building.

Apply NOW for your Veterans Education Benefits.

Panola College is fully approved for training of veterans under the provision of the G.I. Bill® (Public Laws 346, 550, 16 and 890-358), Chapter 33 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill®, and other Education Benefit Programs. Veterans and dependents of veterans should apply to the veterans' affairs office (Student Success Center) six weeks prior to registration. The veteran must submit military transcripts, all official college transcripts, and should submit the DD-214 Member 4 copy. Photocopies of dependency documents (marriage and/or birth certificates) will be accepted, if applicable, to establish the veteran's dependents.

A veteran entitled to benefits under these laws will receive a monthly check varying in amount depending on credit hour load from the VA. A child of a veteran may receive benefits in the same way under certain conditions. Any student enrolling under the above provisions should bring with him/her sufficient funds to defray initial costs of tuition, fees, books, personal expenses, etc., since there is usually a period of  six to eight weeks before the veteran or other eligible person receives his/her initial payment from the Veterans Administration.

A program of study must be selected. The VA will only pay for courses required in that selected program. The courses in which a veteran enrolls must count toward attainment of the specific degree or certificate objective. Courses taken at other institutions may satisfy Panola College's requirements in a selected program of study. Accepted courses for credit may not be repeated for VA pay.

Veterans must make satisfactory progress. Veterans who are receiving monthly payments for their entitlement based on their enrollment at Panola College must abide by Panola College's academic probation and suspension policy. The Veterans Administration will be notified of unsatisfactory progress the semester a student is placed on scholastic suspension. Veterans should contact the officer of veteran affairs for additional information. Benefits may be interrupted by poor attendance. Changes in enrollment status may result in partial repayment to VA by the student. Complete withdrawal from classes may require repayment for the entire enrollment period.

Leslie Edelen
Advisor/VA Certifying Official
(903) 693-2034
(903) 693-2031 fax

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).