The Fitness Center at Panola College is located in the newly constructed Charles C. Matthews Foundation Student Center and is available to all students, faculty, and staff of Panola College. Panola College also offers memberships to the community which are available for purchase in the Business Office. A Panola College Fitness Center ID is required for admission and may be obtained on the second floor of the Matthews Student Center.
The Fitness Center consists of a weight room, a yoga/aerobics/pilates room, and a full-size basketball gym with 6 goals and 2 volleyball courts. The cardio area in the weight room includes: 4 elliptical machines, 4 treadmills, 5 recumbent bikes, and an ab deck.
The Fitness Center staff schedules a variety of tournaments and activities throughout the year including, basketball, volleyball, horse, frisbee golf, dodgeball, flag football, and wallyball.
Weight lifting equipment, workout DVDs, basketballs, and volleyballs are available for checkout at the front desk.
Panola College is committed to providing a clean and safe environment for all of our students and patrons. We expect everyone that utilizes our Fitness Center to respect the guidelines and others in the Center.
- Please respect others by cleaning and disinfecting whatever you touch in the Fitness Center. We encourage hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- If you have the following symptoms or have been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19 please don't come to the Center until you are cleared by a doctor or cleared of the symptoms for 10 days:
Send home any employee, student, or member who has any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Cough - Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills - Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain - Headache
- Sore Throat - Loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea - Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.00°F
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
- Please wash or sanitize hands upon entering the Fitness Center.
- Use Gym wipes to wipe down equipment immediately after use.
- Please maintain at least 6 feet of separation from other individuals at all times.
- Face coverings are mandatory during workout.
- No outside food allowed in the Center.
- Drinks must be in a bottle with a top. We encourage you to not use the water fountains and bring your own bottled water.
- Weight room - 15 person limit. Keep a one machine space between each person.
- Gym- 30 person limit.
- Gym - individual play only, no games of two or more persons that could come into close contact with each other or share a basketball.
- Gym- everyone will be required to use a separate basketball checked out from the Fitness Center no outside balls will be allowed in.
- Yoga Room - 12 person limit in the room.
MONDAY - THURSDAY 7:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
FRIDAY 7:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.
SATURDAY - CLOSED
SUNDAY - CLOSED
- All students, faculty, staff, and members must present proper ID in order to use the Fitness Center.
- Membership cards are $40 for Fall/Spring Semesters and $30 for Summer Semesters. Must be 12 years old or older to purchase a card. All Members must have an ID to use the Fitness Center.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the Weight Room. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult in the gym or student center at all times
- All visitors over the age of 12 must purchase a membership or have proper ID
- Horseplay, loitering or hanging out will not be permitted
- Use equipment at your own risk
- No food or drinks permitted in Fitness Center areas, except bottles of water or sports drinks with a lid
- Proper Fitness attire is required. Shirts and proper athletic shoes must be worn at all times. No boots, street shoes, sandals, or bare feet
- No Profanity
- Anyone displaying disorderly conduct, abusive behavior, or using inappropriate language will be asked to leave immediately
- Day lockers are available free of charge (Locks are provided for checkout)
- Return all weights to the proper rack after use
- Wipe down the equipment and benches with sanitary wipes after use
- Do not hang on basketball rim