Panola College is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students (F-1).
This college is SEVIS approved.
Panola College has a $50 non-refundable application fee for international students.
|To Attend During
|Fall semester (August - December)
|Spring semester (January - May)
|Summer I semester (June - July)
|Summer II semester (July - August)
The following requirements must be completed and on file in the Student Success Center
at least 60 days prior to the first class day of the semester for which the applicant is seeking
admission. Issuance of the I-20 shall not be considered until student's eligibility
for admission is determined and financial documentation has been received.
The following documents are needed to determine a student's eligibility for admission to Panola College:
- A completed application for admission available at www.applytexas.org. Click on Two Year/Community College application.
- A completed Panola College Application for International Students.
- A certified English translation of the official high school transcript which includes
completed courses, grades and date of graduation. The transcript should reflect at
least the equivalent of an American high school diploma.
- Complete the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of
525 (paper-based), 197 (computer-based) or 71 (internet-based) if the native language
is other than English. Scores more than 2 years old are unacceptable. Test results
must be sent to Panola College (institution #6572) directly from the testing company.
Visit www.ets.org to register for the exam and to find out more information about the exam.
The following documents are needed before an I-20 can be issued to a student:
- Copy of biographical page of passport
- If the student is currently in the US, a copy of the current visa is required.
- Documentation of adequate financial resources: The estimated cost for an academic
year of nine months with a 12-hour academic load each semester is $14,000 USD (subject
to change). This amount includes out-of-state tuition, fees, textbooks, residence
hall fees, residence hall deposit, meals, personal expenses, and insurance for a single
student. Checks drafted on accounts outside of the US will not be accepted. The student
should complete and submit the International Student Financial Statement. The statement
requires the signature of the applicant, the applicant's sponsor and the sponsor's
bank official and must have an official seal. A bank statement, in English, from your
bank and/or the sponsor's bank should also be submitted with a completed Financial Guide for International Students.
The following documents are required before the student will be able to enroll in classes at Panola College:
- Immunization Records:
- Written proof of a negative tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray taken within the past
- Written proof of diphtheria/tetanus vaccination taken within the past ten years
- Completed Medical Record for International Students
- Written evidence of bacterial meningitis vaccination taken at least 10 days prior
to the student taking up residence in on-campus housing is required. (Subchapter T.21.6111;
Texas Education Code, Section 51.9192, Subchapter Z, establishes the requirement for
bacterial meningitis vaccination for certain students and identifies exceptions to
that requirement. This subchapter applies only to first-time students or transfer
students enrolling in public, private, or independent institutions of higher education
on or after January 1, 2010, who plan to live in on-campus dormitories or other on-campus
- Provide scores from at least one of the state-approved Texas Success Initiative placement
tests (THEA, Accuplacer, ASSET, Compass). When registering for these tests, applicants
should designate that the results be sent to Panola College. Non-US citizens are liable
for all TSI requirements on the same basis as US citizens.
- Submit evidence of health insurance coverage valid through the end of the academic
year. If insurance coverage is not immediately available, a letter must be submitted
stating that all expenses associated with health care will be assumed by the sponsor
until such coverage can be obtained. Resubmit evidence for each academic year thereafter.
Panola College offers no health facility on campus.
College Transfer Students
In addition to the previously listed items, note the following requirements:
- Notify previous school/college of transfer. Secure the Transfer Clearance Form from
Panola College and give it to the International Student Advisor at the previous school.
The advisor must complete and return the form to Panola College.
- Provide a copy of current I-20.
- Transcripts - Transfer from a college/university outside the United States: coursework
is considered on a case-by-case basis. The student will be required to furnish an
evaluation of his/her courses by a member of NACES (National Association of Credential
Evaluation Services). Please refer to the NACES website (www.naces.org) for a complete listing of members. Among the members, Panola College recommends
using either Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., World Education Services, Inc.
or Global Credential Evaluators, Inc. for evaluation of your transcript.
- If official transcripts indicate English proficiency, the TOEFL requirement may be
- Official transcripts must verify that the student:
- Has a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Was "in-status" for the semester immediately preceding this transfer
- Completed Transfer Clearance Form (document)
- I-20 signed by the student must be returned to the Student Success Center before the
student may attempt to register for classes.