Goals of the MLT Program
- To provide graduates that are qualified to work as entry-level medical laboratory technicians and are eligible to take national certification exams.
- Insure that students are instilled with the highest standards of ethics,professionalism, service excellence, and work ethic.
- Provide a quality educational program that is flexible to student needs.
Student Learning Outcomes and Competencies
Upon graduation, students shall:
- Exhibit a working knowledge of the principles and procedures applied in the clinical laboratory in Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Microbiology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, and Immunohematology.
- Demonstrate the technical skills of an entry-level MLT.
- Be familiar with principles of Quality Control, Quality Management, and Accreditation and its importance in the clinical laboratory.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of professionalism, safety, and ethics.
***Specific course outcomes and objectives can be found on course syllabi located at: http://www.panola.edu/syllabi/