All students applying to the Associate Degree Nursing Program must meet the following requirements:
1. Apply to Panola College and be fully admitted and TSI complete. Send official transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended (send to: Records Office, 1109 W. Panola St., Carthage, TX 75633)
2. Complete the pre-requisites for the program - the face-to-face track requires four (4) pre-requisites with a minimum GPA of 2.5 and the PONE requires ten (10) pre-requisites with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the four (4) main pre-requisites. For PONE lab science courses require a minimum grade of "B".
- One or two courses may be "in progress" during the application process but must be completed successfully prior to starting the program. See the ADN Curriculum for a detailed listing of the pre-requisite and nursing courses
- Each lab science course's theory and lab must have been taken in the same semester and at the same school
- Enrolling in RNSG courses requires acceptance into the ADN program
3. Take the three (3) required sections (Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and Math) of the HESI A2 Admission test in the Panola College Testing Center ($50 non-refundable fee) during the month of February or September. Call (903) 693-2036 for an appointment. Students may ONLY take the HESI two times so if you wish to repeat the exam, refer to the FAQ page for details
- The Face-to-face program requires a minimum of 80 on the Reading Comprehension and Math and a 75 on Grammar
- The PONE requires the above minimums AND a cumulative score of 85
4. PONEs only: Essay required to be submitted with application to demonstrate writing skills. The essay should outline the reasons for pursuing the Online option
5. Call (903) 694-4019 to make an appointment to receive an application to the nursing program: during the month of February for summer PONE or fall admission, or during the month of September for spring admission. Bring your transcript evaluation and/or Panola College unofficial transcript with you along with your HESI A2 scores.
6. Students will be ranked on the following formula: (GPA of 4 main pre-requisite courses) x (number of 4 main pre-requisite courses successfully completed) + (10% of cumulative HESI A2 score) + (1 bonus point for each required lab science course taken only once AND taken at Panola College) + (1 point if CNA or 2 points if LVN) + (1 point for each additional degree plan academic course completed).
- Students who meet all deadlines for background checks and other requirements will be admitted to the program based on their ranking until a full class is obtained
- Drug screening will be required of all students admitted to the program
- Intermediate computer skills and access to a computer with high speed internet are required for PONE and highly recommended for face-to-face
7. Transfer students from other RN nursing programs should contact the Dean for information
- RNSG transferred courses must be within the last two years
- Letter of good standing from previous professional nursing program is required
- Students with two failures in nursing courses are eligible to apply after three years and earning the LVN or a degree in a related field