Human Resources Mission Statement
It is the mission of the human resources office to provide the following quality services to the employees of Panola College:
- Recruitment of qualified individuals.
- Retention of valuable employees.
- Professional development to promote individual success and increase overall value to the institution.
- A safe and healthful working environment.
- Resources for administering benefits, policies and procedures.
These services are achieved through a team-work philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, proactive efforts and maintaining a balance between professionalism and a relaxed atmosphere.
Welcome to the Human Resources Office at Panola College. Whether you are a job seeker or a new or existing employee, you will find accurate, timely, and helpful information here. Our goal is to provide information relating to employment, benefits, compensation, employee training, professional development, and a wide range of other services. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call 903-693-2000 should you have any questions.
- Employee Directory
- Employment Opportunities
- Forms and Documents
- HR Policies and Procedures
- Job Descriptions for Current Employees
- Organizational Charts
- Panola College Salary Schedules:
Work in Texas - Click this link to find jobs across the State of Texas
Panola College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetic information or veteran's status in its educational program, employment policies or activities.
It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in full compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1967, as amended; the Rehabilitation Act of 1974 (Section 503, 504); the Vietnam Era Veterans Acceptance Act of 1974; Texas Statutes 6252-14-V.A.T.S. and 6252-16-V.A.T.S.; Executive Orders 11246 and 11758; the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Information Regarding Staff Compensation
TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 659.026(B) INFORMATION
1. Panola College employed 151 full-time employees during 2016-2017 fiscal year.
2. The College received state appropriations of $5,967,663 and $5,873,393 for fiscal 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.
3. The Director of Human Resources negotiates the amount of compensation for executive and professional staff with the approval of the College President. Faculty and support staff employees follow the College's established salary schedules.
4. The College does not currently pay salary supplements.
5. A market average for similar executive staff in the private and public sectors is unknown.
6. The average compensation paid to employees who are not executive staff is $47,875.
7. The percentage increase in compensation of executive staff for each fiscal year of five preceding fiscal years is as follows:
Fiscal Year 2016-2017 = 1.00% Legislative Appropriations = .15%
Fiscal Year 2015-2016 = 4.31% Legislative Appropriations = 11.43%
Fiscal Year 2014-2015 = 3.11% Legislative Appropriations = .95%
Fiscal Year 2013-2014 = 3.53% Legislative Appropriations = 19.07%
Fiscal Year 2012-2013 = 3.00% Legislative Appropriations = 9.01%
Contact Human Resources
Please feel free to contact Panola College Human Resources with any questions you may have by telephone at 903-693-2000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Human Resources office is located on the main campus of Panola College, Martha Miller Administration Building, 1109 West Panola Street, Carthage, Texas 75633.
Working full-time for Panola College has its benefits!
* Free medical coverage
* Free $5,000 life insurance policy
* State retirement plan
* Social Security benefits
* Free membership to the Fitness Center
* At least 25 paid holidays annually
* Paid vacation, sick, and personal time
* And many other benefits to becoming a part of the Panola family!