Testing Center Guidelines for Students
Testing Facilities are under electronic surveillance and have an official proctor (a person who monitors students during exams.)
Testing Centers for online students are available at Carthage, Center, and Marshall. (Individual professors have the option of approving other official testing sites.) For specific testing places, dates, times, and contact information, visit the testing center homepage.
Here are a few guidelines to follow when utilizing a testing center:
- The testing center will not stay open after hours for students to finish exams.
- All exams must be completed by closing whether completed or not. It is the student’s responsibility to arrive early enough to complete the exam.
- Students should know the course name and number, instructor’s name, and the number or title of the exam to be administered. This information will be required on the sign-in sheet.
- The student should consult with their instructor to ensure that their test will be delivered to the testing center prior to their testing appointment.
- Students are required to bring a Photo ID. The preferred IDs are the college student ID with photo or current driver’s license with photo.
- All testing materials such as scantrons, bluebooks, calculators and pencils or pens are provided by the student. The proctor will examine scantrons, bluebooks or other items required for testing brought into the center by the student.
- Scratch paper will be provided by the testing center and will be collected by the proctor at the end of the test.
- NO electronics such as cell phones, electronic pens, etc. are allowed to be on your person while taking test.
- NO food, drinks or tobacco products are allowed in testing center.
- NO hoodies, jackets, or caps may be worn during testing.
- Once the test has begun, a student may not leave the testing center except for a medically verified reason.
- Personal belongings such as purses, books, etc. will be required to be placed under the table on the floor in the testing center.
- All items such as backpacks or laptops must be stored elsewhere or placed in the testing center at your own risk.
- Students suspected of cheating will have testing materials taken and their behavior will be reported to the instructor of the class. Students who interfere with or disrupt testing operations may also be reported and be subjected to the College’s disciplinary rules and procedures.
- No talking by students taking exams is allowed. Students who ignore this rule will have their exams taken up and returned to the instructor. If the communication is an obvious attempt at cheating (which carries no warning), the exam will be taken up immediately and returned to the instructor.
- The testing center administers the exams according to the instructor’s directives. No exceptions are made to the instructor’s policies or specific exam instructions.
- It is inappropriate to bring young children to the testing center. Please make arrangements accordingly.
- Students who have special classroom or testing needs because of a physical, learning, or emotional condition should contact ADA Counselor in the Miller Administration Building, telephone 903-693-1123.
- Students may not print without permission from the proctor.